Cancer not only destructs the person involved but also close family and friends. Cancer shows initial symptoms of chronic diseases, it is not something that occurs overnight. Nowadays there are many preventive and supportive measures that can prevent fear and coach yourself to understand so that it will help you lead a happier and healthier lifestyle and wellbeing.
The Seed and Soil of Cancer
Stephen Paget an English surgeon in 1889 proposed the ‘seed of soil’ concept. He compares the seed to be the cells of our body and the soil to be the environment of our body. It will take many years to produce good soil for the seeds to grow; similarly it will take a long time for cancer to flourish. Cancer develops when the cells combines with the appropriate internal environment and multiplies.
Even after 100 years, the seed and soil is being compared and holds true. Cancer is determined on the cells of the body or the internal environment of the body. It is important to take the advice of your Practitioner and avoid the symptoms of cancer at an earlier stage to maintain a healthy and long life.
Talk to us today about how you can take preventative measures to reduce your risk of developing cancer and other chronic diseases.
Prevention is Best Practice
Did you know? Only 5-10% accounts to cancer because of genetics. Studies and research prove that a healthy and active lifestyle reduces the risk of chronic diseases and thus reducing the risk of cancer.
Herbs helps in preventing Cancer by supporting the body’s resistance and resilience to chronic diseases. The properties of some key herbs are they are provide anti-inflammatory, anti-carcinogenic and antioxidant actions which support our cells.
• Turmeric – Curcumin is present in turmeric and is a very active antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic herb.
• Resveratrol – helps to fight tumor cells. It is a very effective anti-inflammatory, most commonly found in grapes and other plants.
• Yerba Mate – helps to protect oxidative damage, increases energy and has anti-oxidant defense properties. It is widely used in South America as a tonic and stimulating drink for many years
MGN-3 or Biobran has been shown to be a potentially effective anti-tumor compound.
Food Can Produce or Reduce Inflammation
The modern Western diet is inflammatory. Food has the ability to produce or reduce inflammation. Diets high in sugar, processed foods and foods high in ‘bad’ fats such as hydrogenated and trans-fatty acids are pro-inflammatory leading to chronic diseases. For some, dairy products and gluten-containing grain can trigger an inflammatory response. Making positive food choices can create lasting healthy eating habits for life.
Diet and Lifestyle tips for long-term health
Health of your cells depends on your diet and lifestyle. Following a few tips / recommendation will help you have a healthy lifestyle:
- Quit Smoking – It may be tempting to toss your cigarette but quit smoking. Smoking is carcinogenic. It will help you prevent disease and anti-aging.
- Reduce exposure to indoor toxins at home and workplace. Indoor air can have higher concentration of toxin than outdoor air.
- With priorities you can dedicate time and reduce stress. It is essential to have a good night’s sleep. Speak to your Practitioner and find out more on programs relating stress management.
- You can reduce your risk of diseases with physical activities. A simple brisk walk everyday will keep your healthy and maintain a healthy weight.
- Lower sugar intake. Cancer cells are addicted to sugar as they are fuelled by glucose.
- Eat Healthy – does not always mean staying thin or depriving yourself of the foods you love. Its about having the right type – organic food for instance contains higher level of nutrients. Have food that is fresh and antioxidant.
- Drink enough water daily. Make sure it’s pure and filtered.
- Consider Herbal Medicine support such as MGN-3 or biobran